Friday, February 9, 2007

Monday

The Beach at Long Bay
Monday was another diving day for Dewey. I did NOT want to spend another day at the villa waiting on him to come back so I decided to brave the left side driving to go to the beach. I did not have the nerve to brave the roundabouts so I decided to go to Dog Beach near the villa. I had the entire beach all to myself. I took a book and made a morning of it.


Dewey got back right after lunch. We decided to drive to Long Bay to see a part of the island we hadn't seen before. One of the ladies on the dive boat had told Dewey that they might be kite boarding out there that afternoon. If so, she would let Dewey try out her board. Unfortunately we didn't find them but we did get to see a new lovely part of the island. At first we could not figure out where the access road was for the beach. People definitely frown on people using their private drives for beach access but often the access roads are not marked and are hard to find. We found two that didn't work (one was too sandy & we got stuck & one had a car stuck halfway up it and blocking the road) before we found one that went straight to the beach. We decided to have a nice stroll along the beach. The beach was littered with old broken conch shells from the years of conch fishing off the shores. It was a very interesting sight.
Dewey trying to find the kite boarders I found a starfish!

After we returned to the villa, we went to watch the sunset with Barry and Marta. It's amazing how fast the sunsets are in the Carribean! You think you have lots of sunset left & then zip it's gone. We decided to go the Hemingway's on the Beach at the Sands Resort for dinner. Mickey from Flamingo Divers had recommended it. I was a little afraid that we might not get in since we did not have reservation. The host at the restaurant was very gracious and found us a table. Dewey had the grilled lobster and I had the lobster pasta. Both were very good. We will definitely eat there when we go back to visit.
Dewey and I at dinner

No comments: