Friday, February 9, 2007

Tuesday - Our Last Day!

Dewey and I on our last day
19 weeks Pregnant Bikini shot



I went into definite "mopey" mode today. It was our last day in paradise & I was not happy about heading back to the "arctic tundra" (which is what I call Calgary). Dewey told me to cheer up and make the most of our last day.




We decided to borrow the sea kayaks from Marta and Barry to head to a couple of beaches just outside the Harbour Club marina. These beaches can only be reached by boat. I was a little worried about kayaking b/c I had never done it before. I realized that you had to have some amount of balance to keep from tipping them and even on my best day I am not exactly "graceful". Thankfully it was a lot easier than I feared and everything went well. We had the whole beach to ourselves. Dewey laid on the sand while I donned my mask and snorkel to see if there was anything to see. There were some rock jetties that jutted out into the ocean that had a bit of fish/reef life. It was a very relaxing morning.
The beach we kayaked to Yep, that's me in a kayak



After we headed back to the villa we decided to go to Grace Bays to further our "kite boarding search". No sailing of any kind was going on so we decided to head over to Barefoot cafe for lunch. Afterward we were headed back to the villa when Dewey spied kites off in the distance. We headed over to see what was shaking. We watched the kiteboarders for about 1/2 an hour which just made Dewey even more upset that he didn't get a chance to try kiteboarding on this trip. He will definitely be trying it on the next trip we make where it is offered!
The ever elusive kite boarders



Dewey wanted to head to Hole In the Wall for our last night but Marta and I convinced him that another restaurant would be better for our last night in Provo. We headed down to Mango Reef at the Royal West Indes resort. We both ordered the grilled lobster. The fixed price "meal" also came with an appetizer. Dewey got the conch fritters and I got the mixed greens salad with goat cheese croutons. Both appetizers were very good but it ended up being way to much food. Next time we would share and appy and get another lobster a'la carte. It was a great ending to a wonderful week!
Showing off the beautiful scarf Claire made me for my birthday on the way to Mango Reef for dinner

No comments: